Woohoo! I'm pleased to announce our first ever #brandrepsearch!
In case you're not familiar with the concept of brand reps, this blog post from Kids Fashion Republic has a great explanation.
What we're looking for:
- Quirky kids with bags of personality.
- Parents who know how to style a shot and take quality photos.
- A genuine interest in cool baby & toddler clothes, Rock It Tots & supporting small businesses.
What you get:
- Rock It Tots brand reps will receive a minimum of 2 free outfits and a 50% discount code valid for 3 months.
- Regular features on our Instagram & Facebook page.
How to enter:
- Follow @rockittots on Instagram.
- Repost the competition image (you can find this on Instagram), tag @rockittots and hashtag #rockitreps.
- Upload 2 recent images to Instagram that show off your munchkin's personality and your eye for styling. Rock It Tots clothing would be an advantage, but not essential to enter. Images must also be tagged with #rockitreps and @rockittots.
Terms and conditions:
- Competition opens on 27th September and runs until 2nd October. The new brand reps will be announced on Sunday 4th October via Instagram and Facebook.
- You must repost our brand rep search image for your entry to be valid.
- Entry images must be recent and uploaded specifically for the Rock It Tots brand rep search.
- Open to UK & ROI residents only.
- The winner is required to post an image to Instagram at least once every fortnight, featuring items from Rock It Tots. You also give consent to Rock It Tots to share your images via social media and use on www.rockittots.co.uk.
- The winner will be representing Rock It Tots for a 3-month period, unless extended by mutual agreement.
- We reserve the right to terminate the agreement without further notice if the winner does not adhere to all the rules stated above.
- Please do not enter if you are not happy with all of the above!
After dithering for months and months, I have finally taken the plunge with Instagram and now I only have one question - why didn't I do it sooner?!
Less frenetic than Twitter, simpler than Facebook and as visual as Pinterest, I think I have found my new favourite platform!
If you're a newbie like me and like cool baby clothes, kids' fashion and parenting stuff then Instagram is definitely a great resource worth checking out.
If you're an old hand, what advice have you got? Who should I be following and what makes for a great Instagram presence?
With the heat cranking up, there is little more comfy for your little one to wear than a cool cotton bodysuit!
In fact baby vests (or onesies for our American cousins!) are the unsung heroes of baby wardrobes: they don't bunch up and make bubs uncomfortable, they keep wee tums cosy and free of drafts, they're easy to get on and off, soft cotton is kind on tot's skin and to top it all, at Rock It Tots you don't have to sacrifice style for comfort because we have a range of bright, funny and funky baby clothes for you to choose from including our newly extended collection of cool baby bodysuits.
Now available in black and grey as well as white, red, navy, turquoise, cerise and purple so you are sure to find a bodysuit to go with any outfit!
Buy now for just £12 including 1st class UK postage or check out our range of other cool baby clothes and kids' tees here.
March is birthday month Chez Rockette with not one, not two, but all three of our girls celebrating their special days within 8 days of each other! With Ivy and Lily's birthday last year being a bit of a wash-out due to me being very pregnant and very poorly and this being Cleo's all-important 1st, I decided I wanted to make this year's birthday season one to remember and I thought I'd share some of the lovely ideas I've come across so that you can make your small people's birthdays extra-special too!
1. Bring on the balloons!
My kids are totally dotty about balloons and I'm guessing that yours are too! So what better way to add some magical fun to a birthday morning than to have a shed load of them appear overnight? There are lots of great ways to use them, but here are my favourites:
My favourite of all the great balloon ideas I've seen on my interweb travels has to be filling a child's room with helium balloons while they sleep so that it's the first thing they see when they wake up in the morning! I can imagine it must be such a magical experience, although this idea does require your sproglets to be fairly heavy sleepers! If yours aren't, or you'd rather not go down the helium route, then how about a balloon avalanche when your birthday boy or girl opens their door in the morning? A fair bit of effort required, but the look on their face as they open the door would be priceless! Failing that, a slightly easier but no less lovely option is to make a balloon curtain over their door or maybe over the living room or kitchen door - either way, what better way to start the day than with a colourful, balloony surprise?!
2. A Birthday Breakfast Extravaganza!
Let's face it: breakfast can be a fairly dull affair a lot of the time, so why not push the boat out and add some birthday magic to the most important meal of the day? Whether it be pancakes, waffles, doughnuts or something else entirely, some sprinkles and a candle will make it a breakfast they'll be buzzing about for the rest of the day and remembered for weeks to come!
3. Skip the birthday card...
...and think outside (or rather inside!) the box! Again, there are lots of lovely ideas out there, but these are my favourites: a birthday banner and a birthday message attached to balloons in a box! Both of these ideas are totally DIY-able for something really personal and can be scaled up or down according to your time and skills! Click on the links below to go to the original blog posts these came from for more pics and instructions!
4. Keep an annual 'birthday record'
I love the idea of having something to look back on over the years to track how our little ones have grown up and how their world view has changed. That's why I created a birthday record booklet to record a snapshot of my kids on each of their birthdays to be pored over with my husband on a distant rainy (and hopefully wine-filled) evening when they'll be too old and cool to want to celebrate their birthdays with us!
If you like this idea too, I have created a free downloadable version you can print out yourself and fill in for smaller tots or give to older children to fill in themselves. There are fun "interview" questions for them to answer, as well as spaces for a photo, a hand print (or silhouette for less mess!) and a drawing of their family. Simply print it double-sided onto some nice heavy A4 paper or light card and fold in half! Enjoy!
5. Treat them to an extra-special birthday t-shirt!
Your wee boy or girl will be tickled pink to unwrap a special customised age t-shirt on their birthday morning and they'll be begging you to wear it again and again for weeks after! Here at Rock It Tots we have a brand new (and growing) range of unique birthday t-shirts for ages 1-5 in bright and bold colours and with funky eye-catching designs.
Each one is lovingly personalised by hand and because we know that kids can come in all shapes and sizes, each design is available in a size up and down from their birthday age!
If it's a 1st birthday you have coming up, why not think about doing a cake smash photo shoot and team one of our tees with a coordinating nappy cover?
Forget cutesy or samey alternatives and make sure your child is rocking one of our cool designs instead next birthday!
Forget the clichéd chocolates and flowers this Valentine's Day and make it that bit more personal (and dare I say cooler?) by surprising your other half with your little darling(s) wearing their very own custom-made tee!
With a cool retro heart tattoo design and your choice of text, you can either go for the traditional "Mummy" or "Daddy" or get a bit more creative - your wedding date perhaps? The place you met? Or your child's date of birth? The only limit is your imagination (and 8 characters!)!
Available in sizes 0-5y, you can purchase your cool retro heart tattoo kids' tee here.
Our cool and funny love/hate tattoo design baby grow would also be a great choice for Valentine's Day as well as everyday wear (it is a firm favourite Chez Rockette for both day and night!). Featuring a "Love" heart on the front and "Hate" in the nappy region, it is definitely a talking point and the vibrant gender neutral colours look great on both girls and boys!
Order before 10am Monday 10th February for delivery in time for Valentine's Day.